Come and enjoy a stay at McGrath’s Big Arb Resort in Wisconsin’s beautiful Northwoods! Open all year round, we are located just 10 minutes north of Minocqua on Big Arbor Vitae Lake which features 1100 acres of Class A fishing, chock full of Musky, Walleye, Bass, Bluegill, Perch, and Crappie! 75% of our lake is state parkland, which means breath-taking natural beauty and no crowds. Whether you are a sportsman or looking for a fun, family, pet-friendly retreat (3 of our units allow a pet!), a vacation at Big Arb Resort offers a variety of activities during all four seasons of the year!
The spring season is a great time of year to come up and enjoy some of the best fishing without all of the crowds. The ATV trails are open May 1st, visit the area wildlife parks, dine at one of our fine restaurants, shop quaint downtown Minocqua’s Main street, ride the numerous area bike trails, or try your luck at the casino.
Swimming, boating, waterskiing, fishing, golfing, zip-lining, ATVing, horseback riding, mini-golf, go-karting and kayaking are just a few of the many things to do on hot summer days. At night, sit back and relax around the campfire, make s’mores and enjoy the shooting stars.
The fall season offers the chance to enjoy breathtaking colors as the trees turn or attend one of the areas many fall festivals. There are thousands of acres of state forest to try hunting for small game or going after the elusive whitetail deer. Fall fishing for musky is when the biggest trophies are caught.
The ice fishing right in front of the cabins is some of the best fishing on the lake. You can snowmobile right from your front door with access to hundreds of miles of the best snowmobile trails in the state. Family activities such as sledding, snow-tubing, and ice-skating all close by, and if you are into quiet sports, there are many places to cross country ski and snowshoe.
Big Arb Resort
10328 Big Arbor Vitae Drive
Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin 54568
Located right down the street at:
10619 Big Arbor Vitae Drive
Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin 54568
For all onsite needs
Please contact our Property Manager Renee Anderson.
McGrath’s Big Arb Resort is a lakefront family resort offering modern, fully-equipped, housekeeping units with knotty pine interiors. 3 of our units are pet friendly for an extra fee! All units have flat screen TVs with cable, WiFi, bed linens, kitchens with range/oven, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, all the necessary dishes and cooking utensils, a charcoal grill, lawn furniture and picnic table. In addition, there is a sandy beach perfect for sand-castles, swim raft, campfire pits, 14 ft aluminum row-boat, canoe, paddleboat, and plenty of dock space. We are located right next door to the Four Seasons Bar and Supper Club, which features lakefront dining! Reserve all of our units for the perfect family reunion or group gathering. Summer rentals are Saturday to Saturday. Pontoon and outboard motor rentals are available in advance.
The 3 bedroom main lodge upper unit is 30 feet from the water. With 1500 square feet of living space, it is quite spacious with vaulted ceilings, skylight, and has 2 kings and a double bed with a double futon in the living room, full bathtub with shower, gas fireplace, central air conditioning and large walk-out deck with gas grill & gorgeous lake views. The entire main lodge is also available for rent and is ideal for family reunions, group events, or any other large party for up to 16 people!
*6 person capacity
The newly renovated 3 bedroom main lodge lower unit is 30 feet from the water. With 1350 square feet of living space, it is spacious with high ceilings, large picture windows, and has 2 queens and 2 twin beds with a queen hide-a-bed in the living room, gas fireplace, central air conditioning and two walk-out decks with gorgeous lake views. The entire main lodge is also available for rent and is ideal for family reunions, group events, or any other large party for up to 16 people!
*6 person capacity
This cabin has 2 bedrooms and is right on the water. It has a queen and 2 twin beds with a double futon in the living room, gas fireplace and it’s own picnic table sitting area, with stone fire-pit, just steps off the lake and adjacent to the sandy beach.
*4 person capacity
This cabin has 2 bedrooms and is right on the water! It has a queen and a double bed with a double futon in the living room, gas fireplace, and private lakefront patio with picnic table and fire-ring.
*4 person capacity
New and now available for rent! Our cozy, retro 4 bdrm, private lake home on Big Arbor Vitae Lake sits on over 2 acres right on the snowmobile trail, next door to Slo’s Pub! Privacy galore and available year round, this 2000sq. ft. home is surrounded by natural beauty. Woods and a lovely state-owned pond on one side, while directly across the street is 170 ft. of your very own level, lake frontage on Big Arbor Vitae, with private dock and swim raft. Sleeps 10 with a queen, double, 4 twins and a queen-sized sofa sleeper, 1.5 baths, fully equipped kitchen, wood-burning fireplace, walkout deck, campfire pit, 43 inch flat screen, cable and WiFi. Perfect for ice-fishing and a snowmobilers’ dream location! This home is the ideal setting for a large family, with a huge 2.5 acre grassy, tree-lined yard to frolic in with kids play-set, volleyball and more! 50 amp RV hookup available for $25/day.
*10 person capacity
Minimum Stay Requirement:
- Summer Season (June – August): Saturday to Saturday Weekly reservations only
- 3 night minimum: January, February, May, September, October, plus holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve*
- 2 night minimum: March, April, November, December (except during holidays where 3 nights is required)
- Rates do not include tax
- A 50% deposit is required to make a reservation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival date
- A well behaved, house-trained pet is allowed in some of our units, but must be supervised at all times, cleaned up after and all owners must strictly adhere to our posted Pet Policy**
- Pontoon and Outboard Motor rentals are available in advance
*A 2 night reservation may be accepted to fill last minute vacancies or in the event of a cancellation. Please contact Reservations for details.
May 21st, 2020 – September 6th, 2020
2 bedroom – $190
3 bedroom – $220
NEW! 4 bedroom – $260
2 bedroom – $1095
3 bedroom – $1275
NEW! 4 bedroom – $1700
September 3rd, 2019 – May 20th, 2020
2 bedroom – $145
3 bedroom – $170
NEW! 4 bedroom – $225
2 bedroom – $800
3 bedroom – $950
NEW! 4 bedroom – $1100
Pet Fee (non-refundable):
Nightly – $35
Weekly – $175
Pet Deposit (refundable):
A $50 refundable pet deposit applies to all reservations with a pet.
Extra Person Fee:
For each person over the listed cabin capacity:
Nightly – $35/per night per person for the first 2 nights
Weekly – $70/per week per person
Daily – $150
Weekly – $850
Motor Rental 9.8hp*:
Daily – $35
Weekly – $200
*please book in advance
Please note, pets are NOT allowed in our Musky and Northern units. We are one of very few pet friendly lodging establishments in the area. Let’s keep it this way by being mindful of our Pet Policy.
- A refundable $50 pet deposit is required for each reservation that brings a pet. Failure to adhere to the below policies may result in forfeiture of the pet deposit. This includes pet hair found on furniture/bedding, and dog poop left on the grounds. The pet deposit will be returned if no damage, hair, droppings or damage is found upon the post check-out inspection conducted by management. Please note the deposit can take up to 7 days after departure date to be deposited into your account.
- Pets must be leashed and under your control at all times.
- Please keep pets off of all beds, bedding and furniture.
- Please be diligent about cleaning up after your pet inside and out… this includes pet hair within and droppings outside…no exceptions. Brooms and vacuum are provided in each unit for your convenience.
- Pet droppings must be picked up, placed in a baggie (provided in your cabin), sealed and disposed of in our outside garbage cans… no exceptions.
- Excessive barking cannot be tolerated, as it will disrupt our other guests.
- Dogs left in the unit for over 4 hours must be crated.
- Any damage to the unit (inside and out) caused by a pet, must be reported to the property manager, and will adhere to our Damage Policy as stated in our Rental Agreement.
- 1 pet maximum – a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night or $175/week applies units that are pet friendly.