Come Up North and enjoy a stay at McGrath’s Big Arb Resort in Wisconsin’s beautiful Northwoods! Open all year round, we are located just 10 minutes north of Minocqua on Big Arbor Vitae Lake which features 1100 acres of Class A fishing, chock full of Musky, Walleye, Bass, Bluegill, Perch, and Crappie! 75% of our lake is state parkland, which means breath-taking natural beauty and no crowds. Whether you are a sportsman or looking for a fun, family, pet-friendly retreat (3 of our units allow a pet!), a vacation at Big Arb Resort offers a variety of activities during all four seasons of the year!
The spring season is a great time of year to enjoy some of the best fishing without all of the crowds. The ATV trails are open May 1st, and game fish opening weekend is the first Saturday in May. You can also visit the area wildlife parks, dine at one of our fine restaurants, shop quaint downtown Minocqua’s Main street, ride the numerous area bike trails, or try your luck at the casino.
Swimming, boating, waterskiing, fishing, golfing, antiquing, zip-lining, mountain biking, ATVing, horseback riding, mini-golf, go-karting, kayaking are just a few of the many things to do on hot summer days. At night, sit back and relax around the campfire, make s’mores and enjoy the shooting stars.
The fall season offers the chance to enjoy breathtaking colors as the trees turn or attend one of the areas many fall festivals. There are thousands of acres of state forest to try hunting for small game or going after the elusive whitetail deer. Fall fishing for musky is when the biggest trophies are caught.
The ice fishing right in front of the cabins is some of the best fishing on the lake. You can snowmobile right from your front door with access to hundreds of miles of the best snowmobile trails in the state. Family activities such as sledding, snow-tubing, and ice-skating all close by, and if you are into quiet sports, there are many places to cross country ski and snowshoe.
Big Arb Resort
10328 Big Arbor Vitae Drive
Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin 54568
Across the street and two drives to the east:
10323 Big Arbor Vitae Drive
Arbor Vitae, WI 54568
Located right down the street at:
10619 Big Arbor Vitae Drive
Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin 54568
For all onsite needs
Please contact our Property Manager Renee Anderson.
Our resort cabins include the Walleye, Bass, Musky and Northern cabins. McGrath’s Big Arb Resort is a lakefront family resort offering modern, fully-equipped, housekeeping units with knotty pine interiors. 2 of our resort units are pet friendly for an extra fee! All units have flat screen TVs with cable, WiFi, bed linens, kitchens with range/oven, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, all the necessary dishes and cooking utensils, a charcoal grill, lawn furniture and picnic table. In addition, there is a sandy beach perfect for sand-castles, swim raft, campfire pits, plus shared canoe, kayaks, aluminum rowboat and heated, screened in fish-cleaning-hut with electricity, lights and running water. There is also plenty of dock space for your boat with NO dock fee. We are located right next door to the Four Seasons Supper Club and Tavern which features lakefront dining and right down the lake from Slo’s Pub. Reserve all of our units for the perfect family reunion or group gathering. Summer rentals are Saturday to Saturday. Pontoon and outboard motor rentals are available in advance.
One of our resort cabins, this 3 bedroom unit is 30 feet from the water and encompasses the entire second floor of our main lodge. With 1500 square feet of living space, it is quite spacious with vaulted ceilings, skylight, and has 2 kings and a double bed with a double futon in the living room, full bathtub with shower, gas fireplace, central air conditioning and large walk-out deck with gas grill & gorgeous lake views. The entire main lodge is also available for rent and is ideal for family reunions, group events, or any other large party for up to 16 people!
*6 person capacity
One of our resort cabins, this 3 bedroom unit is 30 feet from the water. With 1350 square feet of living space, it is spacious with high ceilings, large picture windows, and has 2 queens and 2 twin beds with a double size futon in the living room, gas fireplace, central air conditioning and two walk-out decks with gorgeous lake views. The entire main lodge is also available for rent and is ideal for family reunions, group events, or any other large party for up to 16 people!
*6 person capacity
One of our resort cabins, this 2 bedroom unit is 10 feet from the water. It has a queen and 2 twin beds with a double futon in the living room, gas fireplace, air conditioning and it’s own picnic table sitting area, with stone fire-pit, just steps off the lake and adjacent to the sandy beach.
*4 person capacity
One of our resort cabins, this 2 bedroom unit is 10 feet from the water. It has a queen and a double bed with a double futon in the living room, gas fireplace, air conditioning and private lakefront patio with picnic table and fire-ring.
*4 person capacity
Our cozy, retro 4 bdrm, private lake home on Big Arbor Vitae Lake sits on over 2 acres right on the snowmobile trail, next door to Slo’s Pub! Privacy galore with woods and a lovely state-owned pond on one side and directly across the street is 170 ft. of your very own level, lake frontage on Big Arbor Vitae, with private dock. Sleeps 10: Main level bedroom #1: Queen bed. Main level bedroom #2:Two twin beds. Second level bedroom #3: Queen bed. Second level bedroom #4: Three twin beds. Also has 1.5 baths, fully equipped kitchen, wood-burning fireplace, air conditioning walkout deck, 2 campfire pits, fish cleaning table, 43 inch flat screen, cable and WiFi. Perfect for ice-fishing and a snowmobilers’ dream location! This home is the ideal setting for a large family, with a huge 2.5 acre grassy, tree-lined yard to frolic in with kids play-set, volleyball and more! NOTE: Gramma’s House is located on a separate piece of property a short jaunt down the lake from the resort. It has its own grounds, dock space, facilities and amenities that are separate from the resort.
*10 person capacity
Ol’ Woodsy is a cute and cozy traditional Northwoods cabin experience! This 3 bdrm cabin with knotty pine interior is situated on a lakeside bluff, surrounded by natural beauty and views of the water! With a driveway and stairs leading down to it’s own private lake frontage with private docks, this cabin also has plenty of yard for kids to play. Sleeps 6 with a bunkbed in bedroom #1, a queen in bedroom #2, a full sized bed in bedroom #3 and a queen sized futon in the living room. This cabin also has a tub with shower, fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning, campfire pit, 43 inch flat screen, cable and WiFi. It is located on the main snowmobile trail and some of the best ice-fishing on Big Arbor Vitae lake is just a short walk away! NOTE: Ol’ Woodsy is located on a separate piece of property across the street from the resort. It has its own grounds, dock space, facilities and amenities that are separate from the resort.
*6 person capacity
Our newest addition, The Grandview, is a bright and sunny spacious, 1250 sq ft cabin on a large, flat private lot. This 2 bdrm cabin has an additional sleeping porch/mudroom in the front, PLUS a screened-in porch in the rear, and is situated on a lakeside bluff, surrounded by natural beauty and breathtaking views of Big Arbor Vitae Lake! With a driveway and stairs leading down to its own private lake frontage and private dock space, this cabin also has a huge yard for kids to frolic. Sleeps 6 with a queen sized bed in bedroom #1, a ‘twin over full’ bunkbed in bedroom #2, a full sized futon in the sleeping porch/mudroom, and a queen sized futon in the living room. This cabin also has a large fully equipped kitchen, hardwood floors, gas fireplace, bathtub with shower, central air conditioning, campfire pit, front and back wooden decks with patio furniture, basketball hoop, sandbox, flat screen TV, cable and WiFi. Grandview is located on the main snowmobile trail and some of the best ice-fishing on Big Arbor Vitae Lake is just steps away! NOTE: Grandview is located on a separate piece of property across the street from the resort. It has its own grounds, dock space, facilities and amenities that are separate from the resort.
*6 person capacity
Minimum Stay Requirement:
- Summer Season (June – August): Saturday to Saturday Weekly reservations for all cabins, with the exception of Ol’ Woodsy who has some flexibility during summer. Inquire within.
- 3 night minimum: January, February, May, September, October, plus holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve*
- 2 night minimum: March, April, November, December (except during holidays where 3 nights is required)
- Rates do not include tax
- A 50% deposit is required to make a reservation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival date
- A well behaved, house-trained pet is allowed in some of our units, but must be supervised at all times, cleaned up after and all owners must strictly adhere to our posted Pet Policy**
- Pontoon and Outboard Motor rentals are available in advance
*A 2 night reservation may be accepted to fill last minute vacancies or in the event of a cancellation. Please contact Reservations for details.
Contact us for last-minute vacancy discounts & off-peak specials!
September 6th, 2021 – May 25th, 2022
September 5th, 2022 – May 24th, 2023
2 bedroom – $175
3 bedroom – $200
Ol’ Woodsy – $200
Gramma’s House – $250
Grandview – $220
2 bedroom – $1100
3 bedroom – $1260
Ol’ Woodsy – 3 bedroom – $1260
Gramma’s House – 4 bdrm – $1500
Grandview – $1385
May 26th, 2022 – September 4th, 2022
May 25th, 2023 – September 3, 2023
2 bedroom – $225
3 bedroom – $250
Ol’ Woodsy – 3 bdrm – $250
Gramma’s House – 4 bdrm – $300
Grandview – $270
2 bedroom – $1250 – Saturday to Saturday
3 bedroom – $1425 – Saturday to Saturday
Ol’ Woodsy – 3 bdrm – $1425 – inquire within regarding available dates
Gramma’s House – 4 bdrm – $1900 – Saturday to Saturday
Grandview – $1600
Pet Fee (non-refundable):
Nightly – $35
Weekly – $175
Pet Deposit (refundable):
A $50 refundable pet deposit applies to all reservations with a pet.
Extra Person Fee:
For each person over the listed cabin capacity:
Nightly – $35/per night per person for the first 2 nights
Weekly – $70/per week per person
Please note, pets are NOT allowed in our Musky and Northern units. We are one of very few pet friendly lodging establishments in the area. Let’s keep it this way by being mindful of our Pet Policy.
- A refundable $50 pet deposit is required for each reservation that brings a pet. Failure to adhere to the below policies may result in forfeiture of the pet deposit. This includes pet hair found on furniture/bedding, and dog poop left on the grounds. The pet deposit will be returned if no damage, hair, droppings or damage is found upon the post check-out inspection conducted by management. Please note the deposit can take up to 7 days after departure date to be deposited into your account.
- Pets must be leashed and under your control at all times.
- Please keep pets off of all beds, bedding and furniture.
- Please be diligent about cleaning up after your pet inside and out… this includes pet hair within and droppings outside…no exceptions. Brooms and vacuum are provided in each unit for your convenience.
- Pet droppings must be picked up, placed in a baggie (provided in your cabin), sealed and disposed of in our outside garbage cans… no exceptions.
- Excessive barking cannot be tolerated, as it will disrupt our other guests.
- Dogs left in the unit for over 4 hours must be crated.
- Any damage to the unit (inside and out) caused by a pet, must be reported to the property manager, and will adhere to our Damage Policy as stated in our Rental Agreement.
- 1 pet maximum – a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night or $175/week applies units that are pet friendly.
To make a reservation:
- Confirm the unit’s availability for your dates using the online calendars
- Call or text 1-715-301-0386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm rental rates, taxes and any additional fees necessary for your chosen unit and dates
- After you receive your rental agreement via email, to finalize your reservation, please make a 50% deposit payment via personal check or credit/debit card. To make a secure online payment, click on the ‘Buy Now’ button below, fill in your dates and the cost listed on your rental agreement and hit “continue”. On the next screen, scroll down below the paypal info to click “pay with credit or debit card”. Fill in the fields to complete your payment.
To make a deposit or balance payment via credit/debit card:
We are available 24-7!
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call, text or email us!
Call or text: 1-715-301-0386
Please note that reservations are not considered final until deposit payment is received.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made 30 days or less from check-in date will result in forfeiture of the entire deposit. There is a $50.00 administration fee for all cancellations. The entire deposit, minus the $50 administration fee, will be refunded if we can re-rent the unit for the same number of nights.